Media Relations Executive
Date Added: 2nd February 2021
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 depending on experience
The job includes undertaking desk research, commissioning and analysing consumer research, story development for campaigns, pitching to journalists and liaising with regional stakeholders to extend our campaigns' reach.
Key duties include:
- To work with the Communications team in the development and delivery of consumer media campaigns, to include desk research, press releases, analysis of consumer research, story development and selling in to the media.
- To work with the Director of Communications and the Senior Media Relations Executive on media lobbying to raise awareness of campaign issues and influence the Government by securing articles in key national press.
- To liaise with regional stakeholders, such as Fire and Rescue Services, to extend the reach of our consumer campaigns.
- To draft press releases, comments, articles and copy for publications and blog posts.
- To develop relationships with regional and national press, selling in original and reactive stories and following up as required.
- To use YouGov’s online ‘Profiles’ tool to develop personas for key target audiences for campaigning activity (full training will be provided).
- To ensure the media is monitored and circulate relevant stories to colleagues.
A full job description is available on request. For more information, please email Penny Walshe, Corporate Communications Manager, at:
Application is via a covering letter and CV sent to the above person. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.