Electrical Fire Safety Fund
The Electrical Fire Safety Fund supported the delivery of project-based fire prevention initiatives in local communities. These aimed to effectively tackle the causes of electrical fires by increasing the public’s awareness of electrical safety and promoting appropriate behaviour changes that lead to the safe use of electrical appliances and installations.
Last year, preference was given to projects that sought to address the risks of fires associated with electrical products and appliances and/or those that displayed an innovative and creative approach.
Applications were invited for grants of up to £5k per organisation. (In exceptional circumstances we may consider larger funding amounts of up to £20k for joint and/or bigger projects).
We had an excellent response with high-quality applications submitted from across the UK.
We have awarded funding to the following organisations:
- The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
- The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- The Bowness and Windermere Community Care Trust
- Harrow Trading Standards Service
- South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
- Enfield Trading Standards
- Creative Projects Ltd
- South Wales Fire and Rescue Service
- Glasgow City Council
- The Risk Factory
- Citizens Advice Derbyshire Districts
- Six Town Housing
- Learn for Life Enterprise
- Highfield Food Coop
- Danger Point Ltd
- The Centre for Specialist Educational Assistance Ltd (generally known as Binoh of Manchester)