Home Improvement Grants Scheme
The Home Improvement Grants Scheme is currently closed, and will reopen in 2019.
If you would like to be kept updated on the fund’s status, please contact:
Neelam Sheemar, Stakeholder and Events Manager
Telephone: 020 3463 5111
In 2015-16 Electrical Safety First made £60,000 available to Home Improvement Agencies (HIAs) and Care & Repair Agencies (C&Rs) UK-wide to improve electrical safety in the homes of elderly people.
Funding to agencies can be used to provide individual grants of up to £500 to eligible clients and must be used only for minor electrical works essential for electrical safety in the home. Such works include, for example, repairs to broken light switches and sockets, and the provision of additional sockets.
The following organisations have been awarded disembursements as part of our 2015-2016 fund:
- Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
- Aster Living
- Barnet Care & Repair
- Craven HIA - Yorkshire Housing
- Dudley Home Improvement Agency
- FILT (Foundations Independent Living Trust)
- Manchester Care & Repair
- Middlesbrough Staying Put Agency
- Norwich City Council - Home Improvements Scheme
- Peterborough Care & Repair
- Rochdale Home Improvement Agency
- Swan Care & Repair
- Fold Housing Association
- GABLE (Shelter NI)
- Care & Repair Scotland
- Care & Repair Cymru