Can I get a certificate for work completed in the past?

Left double quote


Answered by Dave, Electrical Safety Expert

No, but you could ask an electrician to check the electrics in your property, after which they will issue an Electrical Installation Condition Report which will identify any problems.

If you have had work carried out that is notifiable under Part P of the Building Regulations, you must have the certificate to show that it was carried out by a registered electrician, or contact your local authority building control, who will advise you of the next steps to take.

Not what you were looking for?

Submit a question to our team and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You’ll be notified by email once your question has been answered.