The product poses a risk of electric shock because:
- The wires to the live mains plugs pins are not secured independently of their soldered connections.
- Creepage distances are insufficient between “live” and “accessible” printed tracks.
- The insulation between the primary and secondary windings of the transformer is not equivalent to reinforced insulation.
- Creepage distance of the windings is not sufficient.
- The pins of the plug are too short.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive (LVD) and the relevant European standard EN 60950.
Travel charger for iPhone 4/3GS/3G.
What To Do
The manufacturer may not have provided a way to exchange your product. Read our product recall advice to find out what to do next.
Electrical Safety First recommends that anyone who discovers they have an electrical item that has been recalled should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer.
|Date||24 May 2012|
|Categories||Chargers & Adaptors|