Find a Registered Electrician Near Me
Registered electricians work to the UK national safety standard (BS 7671) and will give you a safety certificate to confirm that their work has been designed, inspected and tested in line with that standard.
The statutory requirements for electrical work are different in England and Wales from those in Scotland and Northern Ireland. To find out more on what you should be looking for and to ensure you get a registered electrician for your area, click on the relevant country.
If you live in England or Wales you can find a registered electrician by searching the Registered Competent Person Electrical register at www.electricalcompetentperson.co.uk.
Why choose a registered electrician?
- They're regulated by the UK Government
- They work to the BS7671 safety standard
- Their work is regularly assessed
- They're insured, so you're protected
- It's a legal requirement for certain electrical work