Need to get rid of unwanted nose hair? A nose trimmer can be a lifesaver. But like every electrical appliances, you need to make sure you use it safely.
Nose Trimmers Safety
- Make sure you buy your nose trimmer from a reputable retailer, and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- It’s important to register a new nose trimmer with the manufacturer so that you can be contacted if a safety notice or recall is required. It also makes it easier for you to return a faulty product or order a repair. To register any of your appliances, regardless of age, visit Register My Appliance.
- Use our free online checker to see if you have any recalled electrical items.
- Check that your appliance has a UK plug; if it doesn’t, don’t try to use a UK travel adaptor. Get in touch with the retailer and ask for their advice.
- If your nose trimmer plugs into the wall, do regular checks of the plug and socket for burn marks, sounds of ‘arcing’ (buzzing or crackling) or if it feels too hot to touch. If you have fuses blowing or circuit-breakers tripping then contact a registered electrician to investigate.
- If your nose trimmer is battery-powered, make sure you use the correct batteries and insert them according to instructions.
- Any socket you plan to use to plug in a shaver should have RCD (residual current device) Protection. An RCD is a life-saving device that protects against dangerous electric shock and reduces the risk of electrical fires. If you don’t have RCD protection in your fuse box for your sockets, consider using an RCD plug to protect you and your property from serious appliance faults.
- Check the cord of your nose trimmer regularly for any signs of damage. If you spot any damage, replace it.
- If it has been dropped or submerged in water, do not use it.
- Always unplug from the mains when not in use.
- Do not rinse or submerge in water, and ensure that the plug and cord do not get wet.
- Keep the power plug and cord away from heated surfaces.
- Switch your nose trimmer off when not in use - don’t leave it unattended.