Electrical Recall Review
Electrical Safety First monitors for electrical product recalls, and collects and publishes them on its recall checker, at www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/recalls
Recalls are listed for an extremely diverse range of products, from self-balancing scooters to egg incubators, although chargers and adaptors were the most recalled category, with 25% of all reported recalls coming from this category. Almost all the products were recalled for posing a risk of both fire and electric shock to the user.
In 2015, up to the 1st of December there have been a total of 64 recalls published on this website, with the highest monthly number of recalls being April, with 15.
Overall there was an average of 6 recalls a month.
The Recall page has been viewed 127,718 at the time of writing. Summaries of the most viewed recall entries and numbers of recalls by category are given below:
1. Hotpoint dishwasher and tumble dryer recalls – various dates 8,931 views
2. Beko tumble dryer and fridge freezer recalls – various dates 7,063 views
3. Samsung Fridge Freezers recall (November 2013) 5,229 views
4. Hotpoint Quadrio Fridge Freezer recall (September 2012) 5,106 views
5. TT TV 4K Ultra HD 4K2k TT TV Box recall (April 2015) 4,288 views
Recalls by category
Audio-visual and computers: 11Chargers and adaptors: 16
Cooking appliances: 1
Domestic appliances: 3
General household: 2
Gardening and DIY: 2
Health and beauty: 6
Kitchen Appliances: 7
If you wish to keep up to date with the latest UK electrical recalls then you can sign up for automatic email notifications on this page: www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/product-recalls/product-recall-alerts/