- King Charles III book to be launched on monarch’s 75th birthday.
- Focus is on leadership, achievement, and progress across all sectors.
- CEO Lesley Rudd is one of a select few charity leaders interviewed.
Electrical Safety First is delighted to be part of a select group of businesses and charities to feature in a new book commemorating King Charles III’s 75th birthday.
‘King Charles III: The Leadership and Vision of a Modern Monarch’ is an illustrated hardback book written by The New York Times best-selling author and royal biographer Robert Jobson and published by St James’s House.
Electrical Safety First’s chief executive Lesley Rudd is interviewed for the book, which profiles the success of the charity in campaigning for change to help save lives.
In her interview, Lesley says: “We are only a small charity, but we punch above our weight. We get our campaigns into the national media, which raises consumer awareness and puts pressure on the government to act on dangers facing UK citizens.”
“International governments have sought our advice, and we are in regular conversation with politicians, civil servants and industry in all four home nations. Our focus is electrical safety and saving lives is what motivates me and my colleagues every day.”
Notable recent achievements by Electrical Safety First include:
- Successfully campaigning for mandatory electrical safety checks in private rental accommodation in every part of the UK, ensuring dangers don’t remain hidden in tenants’ walls and ceilings.
- Our comprehensive report, ‘Battery Breakdown’, featuring 30 tangible recommendations to help tackle the worrying trend of e-bike and e-scooter fires.
- A major grants scheme offering £250,000 annual direct financial support to dozens of local community electrical safety projects helping vulnerable people across the UK.
- Our multi-award winning ‘Don’t Be Next’ campaign tackling risks around using plug-in electric heaters for Electrical Fire Safety Week in 2022.
- Our ‘Don’t Be Electricked’ campaign, demanding tougher regulation of online marketplaces to prevent unsafe products and electrical chargers being sold.
- Creating a suite of consumer safety guides available to the public for free online.
The book reflects on the ideas and issues championed by His Majesty The King and how he intends to shape a relevant and future-facing monarchy. It also features the photography of royal photographer Arthur Edwards MBE.
Notes to editors:
- ‘King Charles III: The Leadership and Vision of a Modern Monarch’ is available to order at https://www.stjamess.org
- Its launch event is at Claridge’s in central London on 14 November, His Majesty’s 75th birthday.
- Electrical Safety First is the leading UK charity dedicated to reducing deaths and injuries caused by electricity in UK homes.
- Where possible we ask you include follow back links back to our website. Please use the following link: https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/
- Images and video assets of our work are available on request. Please ensure correct accreditation is given.
- When referring to the charity in your copy, we kindly ask that you refer to Electrical Safety First in full. Abbreviations of ESF, if necessary, can follow thereafter.
- For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org