The product poses a risk of electric shock because :
- after the test for resistance to moisture, the appliance failed the electric strength test for a voltage of 3000 V.
- after the traction test on the control unit’s flexible cord was carried out at a force of 100 N, longitudinal displacement of more than 2 mm was recorded.
- the voltage of 220 V is indicated in the instructions in English and the packaging is not authorised for appliances connected to the mains supply.
- compulsory indications are not written on the flexible part.
- the height of the characters on the flexible part must be at least 2.5 mm and the height of the symbols must be 15 mm.
- the instructions provided with the appliance are not in French and it was therefore impossible to check them.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard EN 60335.
Voluntary recall from consumer.
Reference on packaging: Ikonna Electric Warming Booties, SA-EM22
Plastic mittens connected to the mains. Cardboard packaging 36 x 23 x 5.