The grants are available to Home Improvement Agencies (HIAs) and Care & Repair Agencies UK-wide to improve electrical safety in the homes of vulnerable people.
Funding to agencies can be used to provide individual grants of up to £500 to eligible clients and used only for minor electrical works essential for electrical safety in the home. Such works include, for example, repairs to broken light switches and sockets, and the provision of additional sockets. Funded partners will be expected to arrange and manage the work in their local community.
We had an excellent response this year with high quality applications submitted UK-wide from a variety of organisations.
We have awarded funding to the following organisations:
- Care and Repair Leeds
- Peterborough Home Improvement Agency
- Lincolnshire Home Independence Agency
- Tighean Innse Gall
- Caledonia Housing Association Care and Repair
- Care and Repair East Lothian
- Orkney Care and Repair
- Radius Housing Association
- Shelter NI/GABLE Project
- Yorkshire Housing Home Improvement Agencies
- Middlesbrough Staying Put Agency
- Walsall Healthy Homes Team
- Care and Repair Cymru
- Manchester Care and Repair
- Care and Repair Worcestershire
We look forward to supporting all the schemes.