The product poses a serious risk of electric shock since:
- the insulation is not sufficient (only single insulation cover the connections),
- the cross section of the core is too small,
- the length of the cable is too short (0,91/0,89 m),
- the cable inlets are sharp,
- the wires are not secured against loosening, they can get damaged.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard EN 60598.
The lighting chain contains 180/140 series-parallel connected incandescent lamps with resistor bridge. The flashing unit controls the four parallel circuits. Main parts of the luminaire: bipolar plug with inscription: "2.5 A 250 V~ VDE CE"; flashing unit with inscription: "FLASHER CONTROL UNIT 230V AC 50HZ 0.83A CE TÜV EMC PRESS". Technical parameters: 230 V~, 50 Hz, 63,7 W, Class II, IP20, bulbs: 9 V, 0,07A.
What To Do
Sales ban and withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers ordered by the authorities.
The manufacturer may not have provided a way to exchange your product. Read our product recall advice to find out what to do next.
Electrical Safety First recommends that anyone who discovers they have an electrical item that has been recalled should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer.
1. 0603-180L-10M Bar code: 6924524300122, 2. 0602-140L-8M Bar code: 6924524300122
|Recall date||17 Jan 2008|