The product poses a risk of electric shock because:
- cord anchorage to the supply cord is missing,
- live parts are in direct contact with wood,
- the supply cord has an insufficient cross-sectional area of the conductors to provide the required mechanical and electrical properties,
- the plug is not fitted with a fuse. The only means of overload or short circuit protection would be the device at the source of the mains supply,
- the construction of the plug and the dimensions of the pins are incorrect.
The product does not comply with the Low Voltage Directive and the relevant European standard EN 60598.
Illuminated shop signs marked "Pizza" and "Open". Packaged in a plain brown cardboard box.
What To Do
Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers by the importer.
The manufacturer may not have provided a way to exchange your product. Read our product recall advice to find out what to do next.
Electrical Safety First recommends that anyone who discovers they have an electrical item that has been recalled should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer.
|Date||22 May 2009|