Risk of overheating, creating a potential fire hazard.
Panasonic battery packs supplied with Fujitsu Lifebook laptop computers produced in 2011 and 2012.
What To Do
A product replacement program will be launched in September 2015.
For enquiries, contact Fujitsu at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fujitsu offer the following advice:
Customers whose laptop batteries are affected should take the following two steps to use their laptops safely until the battery can be replaced. We apologize for the inconvenience of only being able to use your laptop with the AC adapter.
1. Please use your laptop only with the battery removed.
- When using your computer, please remove the battery and plug in the AC adapter.
- When removing the battery pack, please make sure the laptop is turned off, and the AC adapter is unplugged.
2. Please store the battery appropriately once it is removed.
- Please store it in a cool, dark place away from flammable objects.
- Please take necessary precautions to prevent it from being shorted. For example, you can seal the connector ends with insulating tape.
- Please do not mix it with other types of battery.
- Please do not charge the battery while storing it.
Electrical Safety First recommends that anyone who discovers they have an electrical item that has been recalled should stop using it until it has been checked by the manufacturer.
The following Lifebook models may contain affected battery packs:
LIFEBOOK E752 FPC03490DK
LIFEBOOK P772 FPC02430DK
LIFEBOOK P702 FPC02427DK
LIFEBOOK S792 FPC04684DK
LIFEBOOK SH772 FPC04655DK
LIFEBOOK SH792 FPC04689DK
Affected battery pack details:
Product Number Beginning of Serial Number
CP556150-01 Z110802 to Z111212
CP556150-02 Z120102 to Z120512
The battery pack details are located on a sticker on the battery
Product numbers are a series of alphanumeric characters beginning with CP
The relevant part of the alphanumeric serial number begins with a Z after a hyphen
Please see images for example.
When removing the battery pack, ensure that the computer is off and the charger is unplugged.
|Recall date||27 Aug 2015|
|Categories||Audio-Visual And Computers|